CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

RAIN INTERVIEWED ON HIPHOPBASE.NET



"The radio doesn’t help, there a lot of talent out here that need to be heard. That’s why when I come up the way we planned, I hope to bring artists from my hood with me."

Badnews: I know you got into hip hop at a very early age, how did you get in?
Rain: I just used music to express how I felt. I used it as another outlet. It was crazy growing up for me, my mom worked all the time and my pops was locked up. I just used music to escape.
Badnews: Now you’re from Fayetteville, North Carolina. How has the scene progressed since you entered the scene?

Rain: There are a lot of guys doing there thing but there not being heard because there are no outlets out here. You go to different cities like Detroit and you see how they come up battling 8 Mile style you know—like there are different ways to come up, but there not that many ways to come up like that out here. The radio doesn’t help, there a lot of talent out here that need to be heard. That’s why when I come up the way we planned, I hope to bring artists from my hood with me.
Badnews: That’s what’s up. Now for the past six months are so, you been making a lot of noise on the internet. You’re doing interview after interview, and even snuck in XXL magazine. But just coming up, what other ways do you try and promote yourself besides going on the net?

0 comments: